PDF::Writer 1.1.2: August 25th, 2005
- Thomas Gantner found a problem with
the interpretation of the placement of page numbers and provided
a patch. Thanks!
- Thomas also reported a problem with an inability to place
page numbering on the first page of a document, as well as
strange results from not providing a starting page number. This
has been fixed. Also reported as #2204.
- Modified PDF::Writer requirements to require color-tools
version 1.3.0 or later. This necessitates that Color constants be
changed to Color::RGB constants.
- Updated supporting library documentation to include
information on color-tools version 1.3.
- Fixed a bug with Graphics#transform_matrix truncating one of
the transform parameters.
- Applied a fix to PDF::SimpleTable submitted by Mike Leddy in
#2129 on the RubyForge tracker.
- Applied a partial fix for PNG with index-transparency
provided by Marc Vleugels in #2245 on the RubyForge tracker.
NOTE: This does not solve the transparency problem; at this
point, PDF::Writer cannot be said to support PNGs with
transparency. This will be fixed in a later version of
PDF::Writer 1.1.1: July 1st, 2005
- Fixed the packaging process; the .tar.gz files will no
longer corrupt the images.
- Added the images and the manual (both raw and generated)
to the demo package.
PDF::Writer 1.1.0: June 29th, 2005
NOTE: The first two changes are
INCOMPATIBLE with previous versions of PDF::Writer.
If you find that your text is showing up at odd angles,
negate the value. That is, if you have 90 as your angle, use
-90 (or 270) as your angle and it will work like it used
- Axis transformations in PDF::Writer::Graphics have been
- Text axis transformation in PDF::Writer#add_text has been
- Changed #text_width and #text_line_width so that the text
value is the first parameter and the size parameter is
second, and is optional. The code warns about it now, but it
will break in PDF::Writer 2.0.
- Changed #add_text and #add_text_wrap so that the text
parameter is before the now-optional size parameter. The code
warns about it now, but it will break in PDF::Writer
- Added #transform_matrix.
- Fixed compression. NOTE: Compression must be set early in
the documentation process, or only some items will be
compressed in the document. The various #save_as methods have
been changed to reflect this fact.
- Enabled the placement of encoding differences
dictionaries in the resulting PDF document. This change
should be considered experimental.
- Added TTF licence checking. The embedding of a file not
licenced for inclusion in a document will continue, but a
warning will be output to standard error. This code has been
gakked from FPDF.
- Properly supporting symbolic font flags now.
- Added support and documentation for a separately
downloadable demo package.
- Expanded the installation documentation.
- Added the ability to make images clickable links with any
of the three image insertion methods.
PDF::Writer 1.0.1: June 13th, 2005
- Fixed a few minor gem issues.
- Renamed bin/manual to bin/techbook.
- Fixed the manual.pwd locator for the default
PDF::Writer 1.0.0: June 12th, 2005
- Integrated ezwriter.rb functionality with writer.rb.
- Factored out some functionality into modules and
- Added CMYK colour support to JPEG images.
- Uses Color::CMYK (from color-utils) to provide CMYK
support to drawing capabilities.
- Simplified the image API significantly.
- Modified image support to properly handle full image
- Fixed several multi-column issues.
- Fixed a bug where new pages automatically started by
overflowing text may have resulted in writing the first line
of text above the top margin. This may need further testing
and probably causes problems with column handling.
some page numbering issues.
- Added several demos, including Ruby Quick Reference
- Scrubbed the API.
- Updated the documentation.
- Changed installer to setup.rb 3.3.1-modified.
- Applied an image resize patch; the image will be resized
manually before checking to see if a new page is required.
Thanks to Leslie Hensley.
- Fixed a bug where entities would generate the width
specified for the component characters, not the represented
- Fixed a performance bug. Thanks again to Leslie
PDF::Writer 0.1.2 (CVS only)
- Fixed a problem with the improper reading of character
numbers from .afm files that are not default files. Other
font issues remain but will be fixed at a later date.
PDF::Writer 0.1.0: September 2003
- Initial technology preview.